The term ‘fairy
lights’ was first coined in 1882 at the Savoy Theatre, London, UK. Originally used
on the dresses of the lead fairies in a stage production, they were used a year
later in a publicity stunt to adorn a Christmas tree by a
colleague of Thomas Edison, Edward Johnson, who became the first person to put fairy lights on a Christmas tree. This idea was copied around the world and a new Christmas
tradition was born.
Fairy lights -
also called twinkle lights, holiday lights, mini lights, Christmas lights, and more
- are now very much a well-loved part of Christmas we use to decorate our homes
and Christmas trees.
So for this week's challenge,
we would like to see you use fairy lights on your cards, to bring a little
magic and light to the festive season.
Joining us as Guest Designer this week is the very talented
Her gorgeous card is below, please do pop over to her blog for a closer look.
The Design Team have been busy creating inspiration for you -
do please check out their blogs to see more of their wonderful creations.
Well we hope that all these beautiful fairy lights have inspired you to play along with us this week.
We hope you enjoy the challenge - do keep your entries Christmas themed,
and above all, have fun!
A reminder of the
- this is a card challenge, so no 3D projects, tags
or ATCs please
- new projects only - no back-linking
- please link directly to your post, and not to the whole
of your blog
- please show the graphic on your challenge post
- you must link by Midnight Friday (GMT) to be considered for Winner
and Honourable Mentions
- please turn off word verification in order to make commenting
easier, thank you
- you may enter as many times as you like
- the deadline for this challenge is midnight GMT on Friday 26th