The term ‘fairy lights’ was first coined in 1882 at the Savoy Theatre, London, UK. Originally used on the dresses of the lead fairies in a stage production, they were used a year later in a publicity stunt to adorn a Christmas tree by a colleague of Thomas Edison, Edward Johnson, who became the first person to put fairy lights on a Christmas tree. This idea was copied around the world and a new Christmas tradition was born.
Fairy lights - also called twinkle lights, holiday lights, mini lights, Christmas lights, and more - are now very much a well-loved part of Christmas we use to decorate our homes and Christmas trees.
So for this week's challenge, we would like to see you use fairy lights on your cards, to bring a little magic and light to the festive season.
A reminder of the rules:
- this is a card challenge, so no 3D projects, tags or ATCs please
- new projects only - no back-linking
- please link directly to your post, and not to the whole of your blog
- please show the graphic on your challenge post
- you must link by Midnight Friday (GMT) to be considered for Winner and Honourable Mentions
- please turn off word verification in order to make commenting easier, thank you
- you may enter as many times as you like
- the deadline for this challenge is midnight GMT on Friday 26th November 2021
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Thanks for the challenge! I entered:) https://cutencraftymommy.blogspot.com/2021/11/jack-patch-and-puss-top-hat.htmlReplyDelete